Monday, February 13, 2012

The Best Grammy Attending Artists You Probably Didn't Know About

So there I was, propped up in bed Sunday night... not watching the Grammys. I have made it a horrible habit to never watch any awards show ever since the Taylor/Kanye incident. This is mostly because I'm pretty sure no amount of sugary sweet Katy Perry angrily dancing in flames just days after the singer un-followed her soon to be ex hubby on Twitter will ever hold my interest, take my breath away and COMPLETELY trip me the hell out like that particular moment in VMA history did. I was one of the millions watching as Kanye hopped on stage with all the eagerness of a child going to tell the sitter that the other child cheated at gold fish, when we all know he simply lost fair and square... and ever since that fateful award show disaster I am pretty sure no amount of "unscripted" comedy will ever shock me again. However, Kanye is not the point today, and the VMA's weren't even on last night... but the Grammys were, and I was not watching, but I was reading what the stars were wearing on this website. (who wouldn't after laying eyes on Nicki Minaj's red get up and interesting performance last night?)

Introducing Mama Minaj Brand Ketchup

Yet, while I was conducting my search I realized, there were more stars who's names I did not know, than stars who I recognized, and while some of them looked beautiful, I didn't know how to feel about my recent discovery... which of course led to what else but more google searches. 
The first starlet I stumbled was Diane Warren
Maybe the reason I didn't recognize this Grammy, Academy Award and Golden Globe winner is because this talented woman is a songwriter. She wrote the ever popular lyrics to Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" and has composed for shows like Pokemon, Sex and the City, and Osmosis Jones.
The next interesting find was that of Linda Chorney, who was relatively unknown before her nomination this year, but thanks to the wonderful advances of social networking the 51 year old singer/songwriter gained enough popularity to get noticed and nominated for "Best Americana Album"  
I only hope I look this good when Im 51

The best part about this amazing story, is that she's actually really good. While some critics are raising their chins and scoffing, saying the affair is "diluting the integrity" of the Grammys, I can't help but sit back and laugh. As a student/artist planning on going into the Entertainment Marketing business where social media skills can make or break you, Chorney's case is inspiring. 


So if you're still with me here, and your eyes aren't bleeding from how long winded this entry is becoming, I think it's time to introduce Porcelain Black
who looked absolutely stunning by the way

Now Miss Black wasn't nominated for anything her self, but a quick wiki check tells us that she recently released a song featuring Lil' Wayne. Personally, I'm not crazy about the song, but I do like the video and hey maybe she's just another not-so-talented-singer shouting on the airwaves and releasing a song with Lil' Wayne for street cred... but she is really hot, and her website is worth checking out, plus Weezy's part of the song isn't so bad. 

Last but not least, and the only male I added to this list is Cameron Ernst
oh the young and eager

Cameron is an emerging artist who took part in the Hitlab Emerging Artists competition and was the Runner-Up, behind Winner Tara Keith. Cameron's music isn't just music though, it comes with a message; that bullying needs to be stopped and "Love is Louder", he is currently touring High Schools and Middle Schools spreading his message and doing his part to end bullying.


Thanks for reading guys... I'm suddenly realizing I maybe should have watched the Grammys last night...


4 comments:

  1. Listening to Linda Chorney now, and definitely diggin it. It's amazing how much recognition artists can gain through the internet.

    Kind of confused by what genre Porcelain Black is, and I just cannot decide if I hate or love this song (although I can tell you that I hate her hair). Although the video is pretty hilarious and sort of reminds me of a Pink video, who I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Chorney was probably the artist I was happiest about finding, and as far as Porcelain goes... I can't even begin to comprehend how I feel about her lol, I just love Lil Wayne's first line in the song : )

      Delete
  2. I have to agree with the comment above that I'm a little confused when it comes to Porcelain Black as well. The video was ok and for some weird reason I kind of think she pulls off that wacky hair...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently she has some red hair thing going on now, but I was feeling the Cruella D'evil look with a name like Porcelain Black haha

      Delete