Friday, March 2, 2012

Mashing it up

We've all been there before, you just want some background noise while you're all up in your bed with who ever is also up in your bed, so naturally you turn on your iTunes and hope for the best.  
Things are heating up pretty fast, and the music seems to flawlessly match up to every move you're making when

 Suddenly it happens.
 The worst possible song for having someone all up in your bed has just begun blasting on your laptop    

(which is just barely out of reach we might add)              
 and its most likely something like this:

 and your left stunned in an awkward HIT ME BABY PLEASE WITH A TRUCK ONE MORE TIME, GOOD GOD kind of moment, praying that the song will end before the other person notices.
When will it end?!
photocred

  Well, fellow idiots too stupid to make a "someone is all up in this bed" playlist
   THERE IS A CURE
and it's called 8tracks.com and it's this wonderful website where users create playlists based on moods, plans, genres... pretty much anything and you get to listen to them, pretty much ad free (you can only skip 2 songs per playlist though).

This week were obsessed with 8tracks mixer em_h14, he has some pretty nasty tracks but personally I'm really into the "Hip Hop Vs The World" series he's been doing, particularly part II (which you can listen to by clicking).  Here's a little taste of what's in store when you listen to Hip Hop vs The World II

    Sweet Home Country Grammar
      Lynard Skynard/Nelly Mash Up


No Karma Jadiohead





9 comments:

  1. Sounds like Pandora has competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE WHEN SONGS I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR COME ON MY SHUFFLE. This is perfect. I find myself not sure what types of music I want to listen to depending on my mood quite often and have even made "mood" playlists on my itunes.

    Somebody definitely recommended 8 track to me in the past but I totally forgot about it.
    Definitely going to check it out tonight.

    ~great post~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah 8tracks saves my life every day :) i hope you like it

      Delete